View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43
Default Re: Skinny headbands

Originally Posted by lillorenzo View Post
There is a teacher discount at Michaels? I only have a Joann's teacher discount and they don't allow me to use it at Michaels? I am interested in finding out more..

By the way, are you still thinking of doing a GB on the ones that you found and you liked?
No I was talking about the JoAnn's discount-it was like close to 1am last night so I could have been out of my mind-lol. I wish Michael's had one!

We are in the process of checking on different color options and possible 1/8" size on the ones I liked, so I'll let you know as soon as I hear! I definitely like the stretch of those better than the braided elastic, so even if it's only in 1/4" I'll still order that.

Originally Posted by abunchofbows View Post
You can see some of the white if you stretch it too much. I used the polyester elastic. I will let you know how it turns out when it is dry.

That's what happened with my brown-I simmered it for 30 some minutes but there are still some tiny white specks showing through so it doesn't look as smooth. It would work, but still not what I had hoped-which I knew the polyester doesn't dye as well so that's probably why. I don't think it would be that noticeable to someone, but compared to the FOE and other elastics I have that have been dyed, I like the finish on those much better