View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24

Default Re: Skinny headbands

Okay...been following this thread for a bit now...obviously curiosity has gotten me. I looked at all of the pics and did some research too. I however have not found in bulk the elastic...but the best I can figure is that it is the Super Soft Stretch Elastic in 1/8" width that we are looking for. Now taking that and googling and searching, I have found that Stretchrite has a soft stretch elastic used in making baby clothes where the elastic will be near the skin (i.e., cuffs, etc.). I have found 2 websites that offer prepackaged 4 yd. lengths of 1/8" Stretchrite Soft Elastic:
Joanne's, an obvious choice and their price was $1.59 per package.

www.gehmanscountryfabrics.com is another choice with their price being $.89/package. But it seemed they had a limited number and you can put in your zipcode for a shipping price by ground.

I have not found anywhere would it would lready be dyed and in bulk. So assuming (I hate assuming) there may not be a direct supplier...I would look into buying a package and hand dying with RIT and seeing what takes. I have done some research and it seems that knit elastic is softer than braided.

Now with that said, if you want to go the 1/8" white braided elastic, you can purchase that by the roll from www.ctsusa.com There is no min. order and open to all. The roll is 288 yds at $15.95. Shipping is looking at an additional $10.04 and I do not know about tax.

I hope this helps. Me personally...I'm buying a package and doing some trial and error. If things go well, I might make up several batches of different colors. I'll post pics if things go well.

Take care,
~Meredith
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.