View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24
Default Re: Anyone have the Brother SE350?

I have a Brother SE350. Here is a sample of embroidery I have done with the 4 x 4 hoop it came with. This letter is I believe 3 inches. Even though it has a 4 x 4 hoop does not mean it can do 4 inches. There are some restrictions. This design was for 3" letters and the designer stated that some of the 3" letters would not work with a 4" hoop!

Now, keep in mind that in order to do any embroidery designs other than what comes loaded on the machine (like the one in my picture) you need a device for transferring the designs to the machine. That is another $120. You can find some cute free designs online, but the best ones cost money. My example cost $10 for the entire alphabet.

You did not ask this...but if I could rewind to last May when my husband said I could buy a machine, I would have put out more money for a better model. I've had my machine in the shop two times in less than a year at $85 a pop.

If I could turn back time I would go to a sewing machine shop and buy the best model that I could afford, even if it meant getting a used model. The machines made for Wal-mart and other box retailers are not the same quality as the machines you will find in a sewing store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s42590ta112477_1_0.jpg (26.1 KB, 35 views)