View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:38
Default Re: need ordering help

Originally Posted by myztic View Post
Since im having a hard time finding the variety here in south africa for ribbons i was wondering if someone could tell me what basics i should order from the ribbon retreat.. i placed an order for 5 yards of some of the dots and some of the solid grosgrains but i need to order more and dont want to have to order a million times since i will be paying shipping many times.

what ribbons do you have to have always in your ribbon stash? I'm still new to bowmaking so im not sure what i needed... what sizes?

Id really appreciate your help !

I do know that i want to buy some tulle... but what else will i want or need in the future as i learn to make more and more types of bows (i've done lined clippies, tuxedo bow and basic boutique bow)
It will depend on popular colors in your area, but you probably want to keep some basic solids like, black, white, pink, purple, red, yellow, orange, green, and brown. Some color combos that are popular in the U.S. are lt, pink and brown, shocking or hot pink and lime green, but it could be orange and yellow there. You need 3/8" for lined clips, most people seem to use 7/8" or 1.5" ribbon for boutiques, depending on how big you want the bow, but they can be done in any size, and I've reserved my tuxedo bows for boy's bowties, and use 1.5" satin ribbon. You may be able to find a U.S. supplier that would ship to you.