View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38
Default Re: All the bottle caps I made yesterday are RUINED!!!!

Originally Posted by designsbycristi View Post
It will help out tremendously if you seal the images first. You can do it with either Mod Podge or a spray laquer (like a clear gloss). You need to seal the back and let it dry. Then seal the front and let that side dry. Punch out your images as normal and then attach them to the cap. It is usually helpful to then seal the sides of your images. If you use mod podge then get some on a toothpick to trace the sides (helps to keep the resin from seeping under the image). If you use a spray sealer then just lay them all out on something like cardboard, take them outside and give them a good spray. Let them dry completly before resining!

Hope that helps,

So can I use the clear latex finish that I use on my bow holders. Its called Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish and its in a spray can. Do I use something like that after they are on the bottlecaps? As far as mod podge... how do you do it? Use a paint brush?? Won't I get the lines then??? Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by njgrl74 View Post
The term "professional" wasnt meant to offend or down anyone elses technique and if it came of that way I apologize. Many people do bottlecaps many different ways. Some people dont resins on the caps and that fine. I was just indicating that I like the use of the ICE resin and the glamorous touch and it may be an option instead of ET.

Also making sure they are completing dry with modge podge or other sealants before adding resins like the other ladies stated is very important. Give it another try....
I don't think you offended anyone.