View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:05
Default Re: Interchangeable Headband Question/Issue

Hi Bobby! (another cannuck...yippee!!)
I'm the same way (must be a canadian thing) I always ensure that the ribbon ends align with the edge of the foe--and make sure when I heat seal I don't over-singe the edges (crunchy!).
When I'm really neurotic I cut a co-ordinating piece of felt and just cover the square where the ribbon is glued on the back.
I sell alot of the interchangeable headbands ONLY if I can really explain how to use them with the clips--otherwise I think people are like..WTH is that!
People like thinking they get more use out of the other clips (and it takes the sting out of the prices of my!)
I use 3/8 grosgrain for the loop--I don't make it too loose--just enough to slip the clip in. I do however fully line the majority of my clips...(and often with velvet) so those suckers don't move!! lol!

Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
I've never made interchangeable headbands, I know how, just never done it. I'm still not sure how crazy I am about them, but I think my customers would like that option now that I have tons of flowers and such pretty FOE.

My question/issue is that the alligator clip is floppy...kwim? Should I be using 7/8" ribbon to make the loop instead? I even tried a mini alligator clip and it was just heavy and kinda flopped sideways, which is ok (I guess) with a flower, but a bow would look crooked. Am I doing something wrong? Would a no slip grip help hold it straight? I used the FOE Headband instructions posted here.

Also, on the inside where the loop is glued, the ribbon is hard the corners are a bit scratchy. Is there a tip that I'm missing so that doesn't happen? Or am I being too picky? That's why I quite making the stretch lace headbands, it took me forever because I obsessed over how scratchy the inside was.

Thanks for your help!!