View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:13
Default Re: boutique birthday hats

Originally Posted by Makenzisbowmakinmomma View Post
I saw these hats before I even had my daughter and i wanted one so bad. But i knew that I would be making her outfit. I was thinking last week that I really need to get started cause my daughter will be 1 in about a month well after seeing this post yesterday and the ideas of how you ladies do them. I wipped on up. It took me about an hour cause i was doing other things as well. dinner running after my almost 1 year old. Here is what I came up with. I went to the dollar tree (love this place) and found some silver fun stuff in the wrapping section and got a pack of birthday hats. I traced leaving about 1.4in around the hat on to my fabric. I then cut out my 1 and sewed it on there. I used elmers glue to bond the fabric and birthdya hat together. I then hot glued the silver fun stuff around the bottom and then hot glued the seams together and added the sliver fun stuff to the top. I love it. I do think that the 1 could be smaller but now I know next year!

Attachment 23744Attachment 23745
great job!!and sure beats paying $20,im going to have to shop around&try some stuff out.
p.s love the pictures :O)