View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:44
Default Re: what do you i need NBNG templates?

Originally Posted by purplepandaprincess View Post
Thank you for your advise and kind words Shelly, I was hoping you would reply, you always are sooooo helpful.

I am using this method
but at the end i stitch up on the inside of the salon clip, pull tight and twist it around itself a few times. It is just something that i have taken from other places and seems to work the best for me.

I think that the bows look good at this stage but it seems that when i put on the center knot and attach it to the clip is seems to 'spread' out and 'loose' its 'twistyness'.
Ahhhh, the figure 8 method. Just make your figure 8 very, very narrow before you bend the ends of the loops in, because this initial cross will determine how perky your loops will be (and how "twisted" your boutique will be). You could even use a straight pin sideways through your figure 8 when you get your x very narrow, so when you bend your loops in to make the back it doesn't widen your x. The straight pin shouldn't get in the way of your sally clip or stitching, cinching or wrapping around. This is a pretty good method, actually.

I know what you mean about the center spreading it apart. I love doing 1/4" straight gg for the center for this very reason. If you overly exaggerate the angles of your fronts, the center will pull it apart, but the angles of the ribbon will push them back in, curving the centers of the loops a bit like this:

I wish I had taken more of a straight on shot. I think you can see what I'm trying to say... These are made out of 7/8" ribbon with a flat 1/4" center.
Moderator for Ribbonheaven. Click here to learn more about RibbonHeaven!

Last edited by lilredsmiles; 12-23-2009 at 01:49.