Thread: Cheer Bows??
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22
Default Re: Cheer Bows??

so you didn't use heatnbond for that bow? That bow is really pretty :-). I will be using navy and then layering the gold metalic on it. Thanks for all your input. The sequins is that just material and then you cut it into strips?

Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
Now I disagree with the ALL heat n bond. I use heat n bond for my sequins or mystic to fuse onto the ribbon. This is a bow I just made for a local team for basketball. I actually don't even use the bowmaker (from TRR) I mark the middle and how many inches out from the middle then fold onto the needle, crease, sew and secure. I do tack the loop of the bow where the ribbon is at the middle to keep it all lined up. I also have my teams store their bows in the clear plastic containers so the bows do not get messed up.

This bow is usually $9 (for a 2 layer non-sequin) but because it was a rush order it was $11/bow. 3 layer, with my standard 6" tails is $11, anything with fusing ribbon goes up from there depending on how many layers I'm going to be fusing. If you are just using the metallic ribbon then you won't have as much work. I made up a standard pricing chart for my squads since I have several schools I work with. This allows the coach and the parents decide on what they want to spend vs. what the bow will look like. It took the confusion away and I think increased sales for me!

Sponsored Links