View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35
Default Re: Need opinions on camera please!!!

Originally Posted by kittycow2 View Post
I have another question for u if u don't mind answering it.....I was looking at and they offer sever different packages for the canon rebel. One has the EF-S-18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 image stabilizer lens and the other one offers just the 18-55 mm lens. Which one do i want or need. I am only getting this kind of camera to take better pics and to get the blurry backgrounds. I have the cannon powershot a590IS right now. I like it but don't LOVE it. Anyway, i am by no means camera savy so i need help. Thank u....
No problem! I'm no camera whiz but I've tried to do tons of research on these. You want the one with image stabilization since it's not built into the camera. My sony alpha has the image stabilization built into the body so I don't need it in the lens, but I'm going to need it for the canon I'm purchasing. The IS is going to help keep the photos free from the blur that is created by moving objects. So if you taking one of children and they are moving their arms or whatever the case may be it will give you a more still shot than the one with out IS. So basically cuts out any movement blur. I hope that all makes sense. LOL! I think I started rambling on.
Jacqueline ~ Mommy to FOUR princesses