| || |
| || |
Join Date: Nov 2008
| | Re: Adding spikes w/out sewing?
Here's how I do mine (not everyone uses wire, but it's how I learned and I always do it this way):
Does that help?
- Make the base bow (usually boutique style for me).
- Make the spike layer (either by sewing or using the method I mentioned to keep them attached).
- Make a topper bow (usually a twisted boutique).
- Put the spikes on top of the base bow and use 24 guage wire to wrap around the middle of the spike layer and base bow; twist to close and cut off long ends.
- Put the topper bow on top of the spikes and use 24 guage wire to wrap around the middle of the all the layers; twist to close and cut off long ends.