View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:38
Default Re: help heat sealing ribbons

I think I need to try the woodburner. I've been making the woven headbands for a few years using a lighter to seal the edges of the ribbon. This year for some reason at least twice when a little girl has tried on a headband (or a mother has tried on on them) they have made the most hobbible face and said they were "scratchy" so of course "no sale", which I don't blame them for. When I checked the headband after they left both had a stiff, point that was indeed scratchy. I sure would not want my child wearing that, even though the mother did not look to see what was "sratchy" they just said ohhh ok and put it back. I pulled them off the display and checked the others. There were a few others like that were pretty boarder line. Now why this year they were different from the past I have no clue, but maybe I held the lighter to close to the ribbon or something. I always check the ribbon once I seal it and they all seemed fine right after I sealed them. I'm trying the woodburner for sure though. I love making the headbands.