View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24
Default Re: have you quit your day job

I would LOVE to, but I'm a teacher so it's really hard for me to give up the retirement, summers off, holiday breaks, etc. This year however, I have a really rough group and I am having all kinds of issues due to stress that I don't care to deal with, so I've been thinking more about the future and what I want to do. All of my bow money is like my spending money, so that's nice to have-if I didn't work, it'd turn into bill money so I'd have to sacrifice my shopping addiction-haha.

My bows are definitely a full time job. I get home from school and work out, fix dinner, hang out with the kids until about 7-8:00 and then I head down to my room until about 1am just to stay somewhat caught up on orders. I'm a night owl, so that part doesn't bother me, it's all of the stress from the day that is wearing me down. Especially on days like today when I had a stressful day at work with 4-5 year olds and then I come home to a 2.5 and 4 year old who both had gymnastics and who both didn't listen worth crap and it is hard to just relax and get away from it. I would ideally at least like to work at home until the kids are in school, but if I did that, I'd have to add a lot of variety and that's just what I don't have time for. It's a big decision because I can work on things like that in the summer, but then I run into the chance that I will get behind when school starts back up, so I wish I had a better plan, but if this year continues like it is, I may have an easy decision about figuring out a way to stay home