View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:08
Default Re: Cheer Bow Assistance Please!

Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
soooooooo you gals are peeling one of the papers off, laying one of the layers (either sequins OR ribbon) on top where you peeled the layer off, then iron? So from bottom to top, you have your ironing board, paper backing, heat n' bond lite, ribbon, and an iron on top of that? The paper will still peel off of the very bottom just fine when cool? After the first iron,flip it over and add the other layer to fuse to and iron a second time?

Also wanted to pass along a supplier I found.... Marsgaga on Ebay. The sequins are a bit bigger and closer spaced than the traditional sequined fabric, but I like it. Looks more like a polka dot as opposed to a swiss dot.
I'm not sure that my heat and bond had two papers, but that is pretty much what I do. I fuse the ribbon to the heat and bond peel off the paper and then lay it heat and bond to the fabric and iron over the ribbon. That way I don't have to worry about the sequins coming off on the iron. But they will still come off if you hold the iron over one spot too long. That was the easiest way for me to do it. I had 45 cheer bows to make and that worked perfect.