View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55
Default Re: Cheer Bow Assistance Please!

Originally Posted by csrascmom View Post
I made cheer bows for my girls team last year. This is what I did. I laid out the heat and bond, laid my pcs of ribbon on with just enough room to get scissors between each pc and ironed. I then took that "sheet" and ironed it to the sequin fabric. I had 3 different colors and did that with each. It was STIFF. I learned a little trick though when folding it. I used a hair dryer just enough to make it soft to fold the crease.
soooooooo you gals are peeling one of the papers off, laying one of the layers (either sequins OR ribbon) on top where you peeled the layer off, then iron? So from bottom to top, you have your ironing board, paper backing, heat n' bond lite, ribbon, and an iron on top of that? The paper will still peel off of the very bottom just fine when cool? After the first iron,flip it over and add the other layer to fuse to and iron a second time?

Also wanted to pass along a supplier I found.... Marsgaga on Ebay. The sequins are a bit bigger and closer spaced than the traditional sequined fabric, but I like it. Looks more like a polka dot as opposed to a swiss dot.
Moderator for Ribbonheaven. Click here to learn more about RibbonHeaven!