Thread: wood burner
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:29
Default Re: wood burner

Originally Posted by Kimm57 View Post
Ooh Ooh Ooh!!! I love my woodburner. I just got it a few weeks ago and what would I ever have done without it. I agree with the other ladies, the stand sucks. I like the idea of keeping it in a frying pan. I have already burnt a teeny hole in the carpet, a shirt of my hubbies and who knows what else. My biggest problem is that the cord is really short. By the time I plug it in to the wall behind my table, it barely reaches the table and I constantly tug it off. I know that an extension cord would solve that, I just haven't found one in our house yet!

I use a metal ruler for almost every cut that is straight. Sometimes I don't always put the 3/8in ribbon under the metal ruler to cut, but instead I measure along the ruler and just cut right on top of it. Mostly I can do this with the 3/8in because I can manage a straight line on such a small width.

I just use the tip that came already installed on my tool. I don't know if it's the best one, but it's the slanted one. I find to cut straight lines, I just use the whole slanted side, but to do more detailed stuff, I hold it upside down and just use the point of the slant.

I use an extension cord. Not sure why the cord on those is so glue gun has a long cord. I have to be sure I keep the cords AWAY from the woodburner, lol! Burning a hole in the water spray bottle was bad enough! Because I can't work in the Basement Boutique (too cold) I'm working in the kitchen. I keep the cords behind my stand mixer to keep them out of the way. The stand mixer is big and heavy so it won't move when I'm using the woodburner.

ISO: manners