Thread: wood burner
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:11
Default Re: wood burner

Ooh Ooh Ooh!!! I love my woodburner. I just got it a few weeks ago and what would I ever have done without it. I agree with the other ladies, the stand sucks. I like the idea of keeping it in a frying pan. I have already burnt a teeny hole in the carpet, a shirt of my hubbies and who knows what else. My biggest problem is that the cord is really short. By the time I plug it in to the wall behind my table, it barely reaches the table and I constantly tug it off. I know that an extension cord would solve that, I just haven't found one in our house yet!

I use a metal ruler for almost every cut that is straight. Sometimes I don't always put the 3/8in ribbon under the metal ruler to cut, but instead I measure along the ruler and just cut right on top of it. Mostly I can do this with the 3/8in because I can manage a straight line on such a small width.

I just use the tip that came already installed on my tool. I don't know if it's the best one, but it's the slanted one. I find to cut straight lines, I just use the whole slanted side, but to do more detailed stuff, I hold it upside down and just use the point of the slant.

SAHM to Harbin- 3 years, Catherine- 1 year, Baby Lydia was born July 1, 2008