View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10
Default Re: Baby Shower HELP!!!

what time of day is it? is it a luncheon, or just appetizers? well, I guess it doesn't really matter, as I am about to drop a ton of info here anyways!

drink-I love homemade strawberry lemonade, but country time works too. also a cucumber refresher: 1 can frozen limeade, a 2 liter bottle of 7-up, crushed ice (like from Sonic), and a thinly sliced cucumber. Put ice in the bottom of your pitcher, the pour limeade and soda over ice. top with cukes, and let sit for flavors to meld for 15 minutes. Ladies love plan to make more depending on how many people you are expecting.

food-think farmers market. like a fruit salsa (chopped strawberries, pineapple, blackberries (add in last cuz they'll change the color of salsa), kiwi, mango...your choices are endless. sweeten with honey, powdered sugar, brown sugar, OR granulated sugar. next squeeze some fresh lime juice. a little goes a long way, so keep taste testing till you like it! then get flour tortillas, brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on them. cut into triangles (chips) and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until crispy, but not burnt.

anyways, before I go on and on, why don't you pm me if you need any help. I love to entertain and cook and bake, so I got plenty of help for ya if you want/need it! HTH