View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46
Default Double-stick tape love/hate relationship! Mini rant

Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with this stuff??!! Urghh! I am just not confident in its durability. I love how it looks, but it is just not holding up! I used it on a clip for my niece and she chewed on it and the ribbon came off in a big patch. I was able to smooth it back down, but I know it will continue to happen now. Then I made my daughters some stacked bows and lined the clips with the tape. The weight of the bow is totally pulling the ribbon off the clip! WTF!? Those of you who uses the tape do you only use it for plain clippies? And still use hot glue for your bigger bows?

I have never purchased the actual Sealah brand. I don't know if it would make a difference or not. I bought some of the stuff at Wal-mart, terrifically tacky tape or something to that effect. I bought it in the scrapbooking aisle. I also bought some off this forum that was Sealah-like (not bad mouthing their product). I am pretty confident that I am using it correctly- cut my ribbon, cut my tape, apply one side to the ribbon, rub it with my fingers a few times to warm it up and then line my clip, then I rub back over the clip a few times.

I'm so frustrated. I hate to go back to the glue gun, but I don't know what else to do. I am mortified that my customers have had the same issues as I have with the bows I have made with the tape. I know the hot glue doesn't look as nice, but at least it stays on!
Sponsored Links