View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10
Default Re: need help painting bottlecaps

Originally Posted by mgucci75 View Post
again that is great for people who want to buy them but this thread was regarding how to paint them not buy them.

initially i was just trying to figure out which was the best method to use so was hoping someone that had done it would have some suggestions. but i just did a little research online & have figured out several paints that seem to work great i'm just waiting a few weeks to see how they hold up. it really isn't hard if you use a good paint and seal it.

i have done both spray painting as well as hand painting which sounds time consuming but it really wasn't.

the spray paint will def leave a smoother surface but for those who live in cold weather or don't want to go outside to spray can always paint them.

i will post the process i used when test is complete but a few good brands i would suggest are:

if you use a primer, paint & sealer will always have the best results. a lot of people say they don't use the primer but i did.

rust-oleum excellent brand from home depot offers craft spray paint & brush on as well as the primer & sealer. high quality.

krylon spray paint & they have a spray sealerbrush on paint as well

delta permenamel great for metal & coats nice goes with surface conditioner & sealer

more to come....
And my point was I was sharing that if you don't want to have to waste the time & money to make them yourself, then there's a very inexpensive option & person to buy them from. I was just trying to help.