View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41
Default Re: Anyone need painted bottlecaps

Yes you do glue them. Some people use Hot Glue, I personally like to use E600 to glue them on to the bow. To make the necklace the caps need to have a hole drilled in them. The caps turn out best when the holes are drilled before painting them. To put the images onto the caps, you punch them out and glue them on. However, the best thing to use to adhere the image IMO is a Xyron machine. A Xyron Machine is something that scrapbookers use. It's a sticker machine. The tiniest model is fine but you would want to make sure that the cartridge (adhesive) that's used is the one thats marked permanent adhesive. This will make sure your image isn't going anywhere and it will prevent any resin from seeping under the image. IMO it is also best to have them images printed at like Walgreens. Some people get good results printing them at home. I personally like having Walgreens or Snapfish do it because then I don't have to seal the image in any way prior to applying the resin. I can make any images, even if they aren't listed in my store. Let me know if you ladies have any questions. You can always PM me.
Painted Bottle Caps, Images and Completed Caps