View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08
Default Re: Diaper cake questions?

I just made one for my sister's upcoming shower. It is hot pink/black w/ a touch of yellow gold for the shower theme... anyway... I just do the 'domino' thing and then bend them around themselves. I just guesstimate the right size. I dont know how many I used and it is covered so I cant count for you. I just use a small piece of ribbon or curly ribbon to hold them until I get a more secure ribbon or fabric around it. I did not have any bases either, I just stacked them. This one goes with the theme more than the 'baby' issue. I am going to add some pacifiers etc... the blanket/bib idea is super cute....

I searched the net for pics and just put several ideas together to make my own. I bought some fabric b/c I did not have blankets at the time and just folded it the width of the layer. I topped the layer off with the crinkle paper. Then added a few layers of ribbon. I bought the ribbon at Hobby Lobby 1/2 price and only used one boldt per color. I had enough for extra bows and ribbons around the cake.

I also picked up a cheap bouquet of the flowers. I colored the yellow middles b/c i like black better. I just used pins to attached everything, including the flowers. I made sure all the pins were on one side so when it was taken apart, they will know where to look.

i just played and played to get it right.... there is no wrong way to do it!!!
Let me know if you need anything else.... I had fun doing it!!!
Oh ya...I also bought two butterflies . That black crazy thing at the top came from my Christmas tree stuff (I have a black/silver one....) anyway... it was from HObby Lobby too. They have all colors....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg loris shower cake.jpg (46.4 KB, 61 views)