View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:31

Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
When cutting korkers, I use a little bit of hand aerobics because I have to flatten out the ribbon a bit and hold the ruler with one hand while holding the wood burner with the other one. If I remember right (I'm trying to picture this without actually having to go get my supplies, lol) my thumb and first finger hold the ruler with part of it resting in my palm to give more support. My middle finger holds the ribbon out flat for a couple of inches out from the ruler so I have a space to swipe the burner along. There's a hole in my ruler at one end and I know that comes into play somehow, but now I have no clue.

Does that make any sense at all? It's one of those things I just do and haven't ever paid attention to how I do it ... not good for whenever I need to do it again, lol. Who knows, I may have done this different every time.

I have a ton and a half of korker ribbon to cut in the next few days so I'll snap a pic of what I do and post it then.

I always, always, always use the edge of the metal ruler when making a straight line. For me at least, it means less margin for error and I like the clean line I get every time.
Thank you for the tip , I am going to try that next time I cut with the wood burner. If you could post some photos, that would be great (since I am totally a visual person )
My etsy shop:

My online store: