View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02
Default Re: Speaking of overcharging . . .

Originally Posted by bows4mgirls View Post
Ok maybe I'm the only one here that will say this but I say good for her. If she has the market and people are paying then Cheers! Its a business and she is in this to make money. There is a market for every price range and she probably has her own that can afford what she charges.

The flip side is too many "undercharge" and are not covering site fees, payapl fees, shipping expenses, labor, etc. I see so often on sites like Etsy/Ebay cheap cheap prices and wonder how the heck its even worth it. $1.00 or $2.00 for a bow and statements that read: "I don't overcharge because I love what I do and want your daughter to wear pretty things" I think ..what?? give me a break... its a business and I for one am not working to keep money in other people's pockets, I need money in my own pocket. If I wanted just to give other mom's a break and not make money at this I would just make it a hobby.
I have to say I agree with you. If you have a market and your clientele will pay it, more power to you. That is capitalism at work. And which is better, sell 10 of an item at $60 or have to sell 100 at $6. Same gross income, but it takes alot more time and money to make 100. And I also agree that the ones that undercharge are much more irksome to me. Okay, I will get off the soapbox now, lol.