View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:10

Thumbs up Re: What template for the twisted or loopy boutique bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieBowTuesdai View Post
I didn't even know there was such a thing as templates or instructions for bows until recently. I stupidly learned the hard way through trial and error and MONTHS of practice how to get the loops to stand up like bows I had seen online! I am pretty anxious to learn if there is something to make making these bows faster and easier. The best way I have found- making them by hand- is similar to what another poster said, to make the front pieces or ribbon almost vertical (a very squished "x"). Then, when you sew and pull and pinch, they are really twisted and stand up as much as possible. Does that make sense?
I am right there with you!!! I never knew there where any of these things either and then to find out about this forum (which is WONDERFUL by the way) I have racked my brain trying to figure out the real perfect uniform perky loops and if I didn't know about all of you then can you imagine?!?! I really do think that all of you ladies have helped me more than anything ever could! I can't pull myself away from reading all of the posts on stuff that I have always wondered about! It is like having a whole new family....LOVE IT! So after all of that....Thank you so much for all of the help and advice