View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35
Question Cover Button Necklaces? Any tutorials?

Hey all,

I'm preparing to branch out with my cover buttons-- all set to go with pins, rings, and bobby pins. However, I'm wanting to also do cover button pendants on ball chains. I keep finding the y-style bails with the glue on pads like these: Pendant bail, silver-plated brass, flat backed "Y" style with 3mm pad. Sold per pkg of 100. - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Wouldn't that get caught up in the ball chain? I'm thinking I just need the leaf bail kind that are typically glued on to scrabble tiles like these: Etsy :: DancingMagpieSupply :: Bails SHIP FREE - 50 Small Aanraku Jewelry Bails - Ideal for Scrabble, Domino and Glass Pendants

Am I on the right track? Can you just glue these on to the back of the button or do you need another layer (some sort of spacer or shim) between the bail and the back of the button?

Should I be using jump rings instead? If so, how do I attach those to the button? Yes, I'm full of questions

Any tutorials would be appreciated as I haven't found anything here or on Google! Thanks in advance!!!!
Diana @ Ladybug Limited on Facebook and... check out my shop on Etsy -- home of the hand-printed fabric button clip and pony!
Sponsored Links