View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 01:53

LOL! Recipes and Formulas! If we didn't know why we were here we may mistake it for Science or cooking!!

Jen those bows are very pretty!! I LOVE the Rose bow! I don't think I'll ever get that one down!!

Here is my Recipe/formula for an aproximate 4 1/2 inch from spike to spike bow

Base= 30in 1 1/2in wide ribbon. I fold mine using the butterfly fold.

Spikes= If you are just starting out try using just 4 strips of 7/8in and 1 peice of 1 1/2 ribbon cut to about 5in give or take a few. It is always better to have too much rather than not enough as you can always trim later. I fold each peice to crease the center to make sure they are even on all sides. Crease just like you would a normal bow and tie sew or wire what ever you may do. I have tried it all and honestly there is not one way I like better than the other. I like a variety! LOL! That way I don't get bord Once you get the spikes down it is so much fun to add lots of different widths.

Loopies/Surounds= I use 2 10-12in peices of 3/8 inch ribbon. Fold each one in half to crease center. Then I glue the ends to the middle to make sort of a figure 8 do this to each peice then glue one on top of the other. Again once you get this down it is fun to add more loops.

Topper= 22-25inch of 7/8in ribbon folded again with the butterfly fold.

I am not sure I am that great at explaining things so sorry if I confuse anyone. If you would like me to try to explain anything with pictures I would love to help out in anyway I can. Just let me know All in all I think you just need to play around until you find what formula/recipe works best for you. It's all trial and error.

Here are som examples using this formula

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hg.JPG (54.6 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg bca.jpg (53.6 KB, 391 views)
File Type: jpg h.JPG (90.6 KB, 443 views)