View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:48

Smile How to make Tutu 'Korker' bow

Hello, I wanted and promised doing the instruction of bunny face but now you all have Tonya's which is the best. So I changed my mind. I've just made this and think it can be helpful as some one asked for a tutu bow long time ago.

Well, it's even not korked at all but it has the korker bow effect round and full and will go nicely with tutu. And it's very easy to make.
I use red and white tulle for this bow but you can use any colour, and many colours as you wished. The moree tulle you use, the fuller the bow is and because of the nature of tulle, your bow will stand up full and round anyway.

1/ Use 4 pieces ( or 5, 6 up to you) a" x b" tulle .

a = the diameter of your desired bow
b = a x 2 ( or may be a bit longer - the longer the fuller your bow, but not too much longer as you can't crease it anymore)

2/ Place the pieces on top of each other, Use needle and thread and sew it exactly in the middle of the tulle, along b, pull thread together, you will have a nice crease then quickly wrap the thread around and secure.
YOu'll have this:

3/ Pull the bow inside out a bit, then use scisor to cut even stripes from the rand to the center , well not all the way, you need to leave 3mm from the center. My stripes are about 2cm wide but you can try other size and find what you like.

4/ Pull the stripes out and twist them freely or together to get the full round look for the bow.
You've finished!

5/ You can add embellishment or bow center even. Here is my version (next time I'll make it fuller )

Thank you for reading this.
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn*; 01-03-2008 at 08:32.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/PoshPrincessBows1.jpg