View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22

Default Finally Quality bottle caps, and what I learned

I tried making these a while ago and I got so upset since mine always came out poor.

ah4185 (Heather) - I do have this one Elmo

Finally I created my own images and sized the files
to 4 inches x 6 inches.

Here is the final product (they are still drying).

I uploaded the files on line on walgreens.com and picked them up today.

Here are some things that went wrong that I would not have guessed.

1. my images were cut off about 1/4 of inch all the away around the photo, which means when you set your images you should leave more about 1/2" white border around the edges and have your images inside that border so they don't get cut off.

2. Each image was a 1 x 1 inch circle, but when I got home and was using my 1" circle punch the images were larger then the punch buy about 10% + which means you need to either reduce the sizes of the circles or carefully choose images that do not fill the entire 1 inch circle.

Now the good stuff the prints came out so well! I glued them to the bottle caps and then added the sealant. Tip: Do don't this with your kids around, or they will try to pick them up and they will be ruined. Hint - my 4 other sheets of prints were cut into strips by my ds, live and learn.

Last edited by creativekiddos; 01-20-2009 at 09:30.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.