View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:06

Default Using a Coluzzle (or something else?) for cutting circles for fabric buttons?

Hey all,

I find myself cutting a LOT of 1 and 3/4 inch circles these days out of fabric for my 7/8 inch buttons. I had recycled some clear plastic to make a template for tracing, but the hand cutting is slow going! I'm not a scrapbooker, so I know absolutely nothing about a Coluzzle, but does anyone have experience with using these to cut fabric? I'm looking at this item on Ebay and she says you use it with a Guarded Swivel Knife. Will that cut fabric? I haven't checked yet to see if one of the circle sizes is 1 and 3/4 inches, but if so, I'd like to try this.

I tried using a Fiskars Circle Cutter and ended up taking it right back to Michaels as there was no way to hold the fabric down well...

TIA!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.