View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:49
Default Re: Attention To All!

Originally Posted by FRANCISBEL View Post
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), FAQs For Section 104: Standards and Consumer Registration of Durable Nursery Products FAQs

I will wait for what other persons said because my english is very short sometime I don't understand very well and I don't want to make a confusion...
Originally Posted by TippyToes View Post
From what I have understood in all of my reading.......the Durable Nursery products section is in regards to phalates testing. ALL products are still subject under the lead requirements.
Originally Posted by creativesidebows View Post
Section 108 is for Phthalates. Phthalates testing is for items used in playing, sleeping, sucking, feeding or teething. Hair bows and apparel do not fall into this. This is what it states:

Section 108: Products Containing Certain Phthalates

What kind of products does the phthalates prohibition apply to?
Three phthalates, DEHP, DBP, and BBP, have been permanently prohibited by Congress in concentration of more than 0.1% in “children’s toys” or “child care articles.” A “children’s toy” means a product intended for a child 12 years of age or younger for use when playing, and a “child care article” means a product that a child 3 and younger would use for sleeping, feeding, sucking or teething.
Three additional phthalates, DINP, DIDP, and DnOP, have been prohibited pending further study and review by a group of outside experts and the Commission. This interim prohibition applies to child care articles or toys that can be placed in a child’s mouth or brought to the mouth and kept in the mouth so that it can be sucked or chewed that contains a concentration of more than 0.1% of the above phthalates.
durable products are considered things that are "hard" ie; crib, porta cribs, high chairs. section 104 is concerning danny keysar law (sp) its because the child was killed after his portacrib collapsed and suffocated him... that is how all this is comming about...

a Bow is NOT a durable product it is not meant to last years. that is why you are not hearing how walmart and kmart are going to raise their prices on kids clothes... they dont fall uner this law the dont have to test all their cheap chinese clothing...
I say what I want, when I want, no one pays me... Its my opinion take it or leave it