View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18
Default Re: Attention To All!

Originally Posted by dwntffny View Post
Ok girls. Its going to be okay.... Every one just calm down... people are making a big deal out of nothing... This has been around for years... The new bill was signed because of the toys that came into america from china and had lead in the paint and so on. Even if this does affect us, I will tell you what you have to do to fix the problem....

Contact the distributer of the ribbon clips and so on get a cirt. stamped letter that tates their materials were tested. This is for big companies... not us...That is unless you make the tread that makes the ribbon that makes the bows... you see what I'm saying...beven if yuo make clothing just to cover your butt...get the letter form the material supplier....that is all you have to do...sorry for mis spelled words and so on I'm at work I will be back on later to give you more information...

This is NOT just for big companies. This does apply to anyone and everyone who manufactures ANYTHING for children under the age of 12. WE are considered manufacturer's because we take materials and make something completely new out of them. There are several threads going on at ETSY about this.

ETA: The shoes and socks things are exempt for PHALATES testing. Everything must still undergo lead testing.
Here's a link for A WEALTH of info on this subject.

Fashion-Incubator User Forum :: View Forum - CPSIA & Consumer Safety
My HeroLorra

Last edited by TippyToes; 12-10-2008 at 12:34.