View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:43
Default Re: Attention To All!

Originally Posted by LadybugLimited View Post
No, it doesn't mention hair stuff specifically, ladies, but this is what the CPSC does say in their summary of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act:

The new legislation imposes an additional third-party testing requirement for all consumer products primarily intended for children twelve years of age or younger. Every manufacturer (including an importer) or private labeler of a children’s product must have its product tested by an accredited independent testing lab and, based on the testing, must issue a certificate that the product meets all applicable CPSC requirements.

Please notice that it says "ALL consumer products"! The highlighted paragraph is taken from this page, the summary of the CPSIA. The entire text and all sorts of FAQs are on this site, so please go here if you want it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Want to know what to do? Cool Mom Picks had a great post about the issue today here. And yes, I'm the Diana mentioned in the edit, though they got my shop wrong in the link

Off to e-mail my congressional representatives...

Okay I am still so cunfused because I went to the place you are talking about to get it from the horses mouth and this is what i saw after the part you mentioned above:

The third-party testing and certification requirements for children’s products are phased in on a rolling schedule. The statute requires the CPSC to issue laboratory accreditation regimes for different categories of children’s products. Once the CPSC issues the laboratory accreditation requirement for that category of children’s products, each children’s product in that category that is manufactured more than ninety days after that date must be tested and certified to the applicable requirements. The schedule for CPSC to issue the laboratory accreditation requirements and the certification schedule is set forth on the timeline shown in the chart below.

CPSC Publishes Accreditation ProcedureThird-Party Testing RequiredLead PaintSeptember 22, 2008*December 22, 2008Cribs And Pacifiers October 2008January 2009Small PartsNovember 2008February 2009Metal JewelryDecember 2008March 2009Baby Bouncers, Walkers And JumpersMarch 2009June 2009300 ppm Lead ContentMay 2009August 2009CPSC Children’s Product Safety RulesJune 2009September 2009