View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:56
Default Re: Attention To All!

Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
Emily I have to disagree with you. This DOES pertain to individuals.
I suggest everyone go to the website I posted and read.
This law has already passed and goes in to affect in February.
Please take this very seriously and read the law for yourself.
Etsy and Ebay are going to require a certificate from you from the lab that tested your things or you will not be able to sell there. By law they cannot allow anyone to sell untested articles for children under 12.
Sure there will be those that just go on doing what they do and selling their products. But they will be breaking the law and the fines are going to be very high.
Read what is posted and decide for yourself if it's a risk you are willing to take.
I only posted the link to the website so that you all can read and get the information for yourself. Which is always better than relying on someone else's interpretation.
What kind of products does the phthalates prohibition apply to?

Three phthalates, DEHP, DBP, and BBP, have been permanently prohibited by Congress in concentration of more than 0.1% in “children’s toys” or “child care articles.” A “children’s toy” means a product intended for a child 12 years of age or younger for use when playing, and a “child care article” means a product that a child 3 and younger would use for sleeping, feeding, sucking or teething.

Three additional phthalates, DINP, DIDP, and DnOP, have been prohibited pending further study and review by a group of outside experts and the Commission. This interim prohibition applies to child care articles or toys that can be placed in a child’s mouth or brought to the mouth and kept in the mouth so that it can be sucked or chewed that contains a concentration of more than 0.1% of the above phthalates

I don't think this has anything to do with bows. Where do you see that it would have something to do with bows?
Melissa mommy to BEAUTIFUL Boy/Girl twins!!!