View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 05:45

Originally Posted by loveqm View Post
Hi Ladies.
I am a newbie and was thinking of making bows for my future newborn and was wondering if anyone had instructions on how to do the mini alligator clips for babies w/ little to no hair? What is best? What size ribbon and how do I make those cute little bows? I'm horrible at making bows and all the pictures looks so perfect. I'm sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't see anything in my search.

TIA! =)
I agree with PP. Start a new thread and you will get more responses. If you don't know how - go to the main page (Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! - Powered by vBulletin) then click on the subject. Yours would probably fall under "how to make...". Click on it. then at the top left there is a link that says, "new thread". Hope that helps.

I don't know for sure what mini alligator clips are. I only know of one size (I think it is 1 3/4" long). If you are making little bitty bows I would use 3/8" size. If your baby has no hair (or little hair) I would use an interchangeable headband and clip whatever you want on it. If you do want to make a bitty bow you can use a snap clip (is this what you are talking about??). They hold very well and are cute on babies. Here is a link on how to line them: How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--4--Lining Hair Clips : Hip Girl Boutique!, Hair Bows, Baby Hair Clips, Rockabilly Hair Accessories and more.

Then you can just glue your bow on top. Is this the kind of bow you want to make?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lt pink-ex sm.jpg (25.0 KB, 16 views)