View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:42
Default Re: Home made light box

Originally Posted by XoXoS View Post
how doe sa photo light box help you out?? i know pics are everything, and i feel like mine maybe too blehh
Hi Amanda

A lightbox helps to diffuse direct glare from a light source, it also helps to reflect light, creating an even lighting within the box. (Think... those guys holding up large silver discs at a photography session, or a large silver umbrellas at both ends of the backdrop. Those stuff are to help reflect light)

With an even lighting in the box, shadows are minimize, there is no reflection on the object and colours are more accurate.

I have attached 2 examples. One photo was taken using a light tent/box with minimal light, no tweaking camera, and the other was taken beside my window on a sunny day (sorry about the quality of examples, as these are the only 2 I found that are not edited. I hope they explain what I am trying to say above)

The one taken with the light tent/box will make your editing life alot easier as the colours are quite true. All you need to do is work on your brightness and overall contrast.

I hope I managed to answer your question.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg no light box.JPG (29.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg lightbox.JPG (27.3 KB, 17 views)