View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:12
Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I should probably just let this thread die but, it's sooo frustrating when someone comes in & on their 3rd post says hey gimme your tips. These girls share a TON on here. Lurkers should do the same. I don't understand how people talk about how this is supposed to be a helpful forum but will do nothing to contribute to it. I can't stand seeing people's first post be "Hey how do I get all the tricks that took you girls years to master so I can sell bows too". That's why I say practice practice practice. Or maybe stick around & contribute some & others will want to do the same.
Hi Ladies, this is my last post on this thread and I'm going to let it lie...I didn't come here to try and get everyone's tips and think I'm going to master this and be rich next week. I am completely new to this and love making bows so far - I have just seen some of the great work the people on here do and thought I could get some pointers.

Yes, it was one of my first posts but that's because I've been poking around this board for months, reading all of the helpful hints, printing off everything I could possibly find on bows and really trying to figure out what I'm doing. I have bought all but 1 of the e-books on here and am making an honest effort in getting this new-found hobby going. I've made some great clips for my daughter and others and am looking forward to making more things.

Like many of you, I'm very anal when it comes to how my bows look and I just want to get them down. That's not to say that I don't work on it every single day and plan on practicing until my fingers turn blue. I'm sorry to whoever I offended, but like I said, I'm new at this - everyone is a "newbie" at one point in time and everyone needs help along the way.

Thanks to everyone for their great advice, and I can't wait to go home tonight and try some of the tips I got!