View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06
Angry Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

I really upsets me that people leave negative replies to someone who is asking a simple question and looking for insight from experienced bow makers. Isn't that what this blog is for? I read a post yesterday that had similar complaints that the bow business is being flooded, products aren't made well, which drives down the cost of product, etc. Well, welcome to business! That is the name of the game with every business, not just bow making. It's always going to be that way and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. I'm not trying to be hateful, but this forum is here ultimately to help. We share ideas, ask advice, etc. I think comments like the extremely negative one left above makes it very scary for people who may NOT be interested in shows, but may just want their daughters to look cute. That's why I do it. To be honest, I made the mistake of paying $17 for a silk flower glued onto a headband. To me that's ridiculous! I started making my own. I have learned a wealth of knowledge from this blog, but certain people's attitudes make my head spin! I don't get it! Maybe it's because it's not my livlihood. Sorry, if I make anyone mad, but to a new bow maker, it's very disheartening to open up, find the courage to post only to receive a negative response.