View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07
Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Originally Posted by toifrogs View Post
I'm glad to see this thread because it brings up something I've been wondering about for a while. Why are so many people on here so scared to help others? Sure, I'm not a professional. This is a fun, obsessive hobby for me. I love making things for dd and friends' daughters. So, I guess you can say that's easy for me to say.

However, I have been very successful in an extremely competitive career as a classical musician. So I have seen competition for work to the extreme. It may be different in the crafting arts, but from what I've learned in the musical arts, those who are successful are also those who are very open to helping others. I look at it this way, build a great network by being helpful and kind. You are helping someone and it will come around with a reward someday. OR, don't help others out, and in some way, you'll be bitten in the ass for it in the end.

Bella, you are awesome!
I donn't know what to say, this is a fun and a hobby for me too. I tried to help as soon as I can. Maybe my English is not so excellent to explain, what I want to say, but I do my best to help.

By the way I work as a Czech language professor in the university in Egypt.
So my mother language is Arabic, so sorry for any grammatical error

I'm really happy to be here with all of you