View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:40
Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Originally Posted by heavenlyhairbows View Post
I agree with everyone it took me FOUR years before I felt comfortable seling my products... and I still second guess myself and wonder if I up to par. My advice take the items to the sale that you are really good at and continue to practice the other. You want the first bows that you sale to be really good becasue this is what is going to bring your customers back. I think it is half & half. Half you are born with and half a skill that you can teach yourself. But neither will develop without tons and tons and did I mention tons of practice. hang in there and keep practicing.
Thanks for the advice! Yes, that's what I'm planning on doing at the show I'm going to - take a ton of the baby clippies and character bows and also tutu's and bow hangers that I've made.

Practice does make perfect! Some of the things I thought were impossible when I first started I can now churn out in no time...I work 8-5 (or longer) and between my hubby, 2-year old and school full-time I haven't had much time to practice but luckily my husband is very supportive and doesn't gripe when I'm up every now and then till 2 or 3 in the morning messing with it!