View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17
Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Originally Posted by Loelle View Post
A lot of ladies here might find that slightly offensive. This is a hobby for me and I try not to take it too seriously, but I have spent a LOT of time, energy, and money in learning this skill. It's not easy, at least it wasn't to me. And it takes a lot of patience and practice. It's definitely not a get-rich-quick hobby. I'm not trying to discourage you from learning bowmaking, but it is a skill, and as such takes knowledge and effort. As you have seen, it's not as easy as just following the directions. Good luck with your endeavor and try using the search feature on the boards to research specific topics.
I meant that "it can't be that hard" because I am generally a crafty person - I have worked in floral departments, I scrapbook and I am a college graduate. I didn't mean in any way to offend anyone - and I'm also in no way looking for a 'get rich quick' type of deal. I have a 2-year old daugher and enjoy making some of the simpler (korker, clippie) bows for her and thought I would enjoy doing it as a hobby and also make a little money on the side. If anyone is offended, it is because they took it wrong, not because I skewed it that way.