View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 07:42
Default Help! Cracked ice or Glitter Vinyl?

Ok, I know I had asked this before - I still can't seem to get this to cut on my machine.

The gym is going to nationals and I am trying to make a bow that says NATIONALS 2014

I am not trying to re create this bow pictured, but I AM trying to lay in the words to the fabric.

I was trying to cut out the words on the cracked ice layer (3inches) and then cut again for the wording in Hot Pink.

For some reason my machine just keeps tearing. I have a new blade.. tried different settings 10000 times -The font is thin, I have my backing on already...
but the more and more I look at this picture of the look I'm going for, I SWEAR this bow (pictured below) must be done in glitter VINYL and not cracked ice fabric.

Any ideas? Would someone do whole strips in glitter vinyl?

I could see how it'd cut better. And if so, now I've wasted money on this fushia cracked ice I'm trying to cut... UGH...

What do you think?

The bow below is glitter vinyl lettering laid into a 3 inch glitter vinyl strip?
cracked ice WITH vinyl glitter lettering some how laid in?
cracked ice for it all?

*** My bows are NOT going to resemble this bow, I'm just trying to get down the technique.
We are not doing a Disney National, we are doing a myrtle beach National. Trying to make a bow that says "The BEACH is THATA way!" with an arrow pointing to the right. Then the top of the bow will say "Nationals 2014"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2014-02-25 at 8.33.15 AM.jpg (16.1 KB, 114 views)
Sponsored Links