View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 12:47
Default Re: bonding question

Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
I have never used it but I have seen bows made with it and the glue does show through the back of the bow expecially on the lighter colors like white, pink, light blue, etc. While I love their bow designs and I respect Nancy for building up such a great company, I think things got very busy and this was a time saving factor.....It is considerably faster than spending the time to iron on the wornder under then cut the press.....etc....
But I am a perfectionist and have not tried it because I really do not like the glue showing through the back, however, I do not recall anyone complaining. So I don't think it will cause any harm to you business if you decided to give it a shot. Who knows, maybe some day I will be too busy to keep up with all the ironing. Also, with so many people making bows now, the prices are dropping. I see many fabric covered bows selling for $10 or less.....and while this covers cost, it does not cover the time it takes to put everything together. So now you also have to think about your P&L and make that personal decision.
Ok that makes sense .so to continue on that which is better wonder under or heat and bond .I've only used heat and bond ABC my bows seem to have grind up well but couldn't mind trying something new.