Thread: Cricut Taboo?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 07:44
Default Re: Cricut Taboo?

I'm replying to myself! Ha!

But I just thought if anyone was interested in not spending hundreds of dollars on cricut cartridges, they may look here.

After more extensive Googling research I have found this:

So, the newer cricuts can not use the software I had heard about, which I found out was called Sure Cuts A Lot.

Bummer. I'm obviously behind the times on this one.

Now I'm at a standstill as far as fonts go because I refuse to pay 39.99 for a font package from cricut and get ONE font.

But - I've got four cartridges that make some really REALLY cute stuff like footballs, basketballs, castles, the word DIVA and other sayings and things I know I can sell bows with, so I'll make them and simply SAVE up for a Cameo.

If you are reading this and wondering on what to buy to cut things - TAKE IT FROM ME

BUY THE CAMEO - SAVE for the Cameo especially if you are a font obsessed momma like me or even if you think you may want to make rhinestone templates.

It's just so crazy though - this cricut runs from my computer and it's craft room.. I just KNOW inside my brain something doesn't add up. There has to be some file extension, folder, SOMETHING where I could alter it to accept more.. but I'm simply not smart enough or "hackable" savvy enough.

Oh well.

Lesson learned. I do love this cricut though - made some really cute t-shirts with some heat press vinyl, and very cute bows.. it's just not enough for what some of these people have asked for.

I did find the basic shapes to be promising - Here is a bow I made for the 4th of July parade last month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1tiny4th.jpg (143.8 KB, 33 views)