Thread: New to it all
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01
Smile Re: New to it all

Thanks! I bought basically what you said I've been watching you tube too tonight. I didn't get the embroidery thread which i will get this week-so thank you!

Question, I haven't found out it on you tube yet, how do I attach a bow onto a snap clip, a pony tail and an elastic bead?

I made a bow today by watching a video. I didnt have the starch to work alot on the bow.

Thanks for the advice!!

Originally Posted by traciestrends View Post
I think the first thing you should know is.... do not do like I did & go out & buy a bunch of ribbon & think you are going to make some bows... lots of money wasted!!!! First of all I would go to your local craft store, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, etc. & buy a roll of 3/8", 7/8", and 1.5" ribbon, some alli clips or french barrettes..... which ever you prefer, a glue gun, some needles, & embroidery thread (this is what I prefer). Now get on you tube watch you some videos & do some searching here on HG and pratice, practice, practice.... get aggrivated & practice, pratice, practice some more. I would reuse the same ribbon over and over until it can not be used any more. Believe me when I say (and I do not mean this in a bad way) you are going to think your very first bows look awesome... I know I did, but now that I look back on them I think.... what the heck was I thinking... LOL!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!