View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32
Default Re: This question is popular but...

Originally Posted by Vexys View Post
HELP! I cannot for the life of me master a boutique bow. I can do everything else (save ribbon sculpting) except this and it's about to drive me crazy. I have purchased 2 tutorials and neither is clickling for me.

I've tried the folded/hand wrap technique where you pin off in the center and that is not shaping right at all. I've also been trying the figure 8 one to no avail. Both tutorials teach that method so I was a little disappointed.

I can get it to where it looks "almost right" before you sew through the center and tie off. That's Always where it goes catastrohpically bad. Does anyone have a different method or some tricks they can share?
I have tried a lot of things and finally I settled with the pin off in the center method with a little trick but it was just not right.
I took part in Daisy's workshop (I think her name on this forum is JustDaisy). This is her site:
She showed the little tricks of making it right. Her method is based on the figure 8 method. I don't know whether there is a workshop these days but she also sells her instructions.
I am not really into buying tutorials but this one was worth the money I payed for it. Of course you still had to practice a lot but even the first ones were such a great development after following her instructions.