View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10
Default Re: Paracord Bracelet Charms?

Originally Posted by TieDyesnButterflies View Post
I haven't done resins either, but if you are looking for something non-toxic, this might work.

Check out the Magic Glos UV Dimensional adhesive. From what I understand, it can be cured either with a UV light or even just in sunlight. This might be something you can try. Also, the DG3 is a dimensional gel that some people use when make a cabochon, but I'm thinking the Magic Glos would be harder once its cured. The lady who owns the store in the link above is awesome and her customer service is great! I've been shopping there for a few years now.

Like I said, I've never played with resin, mainly because I don't want to deal with fumes too, so I'd probably give this a try if I was wanting to make some. I have DG3, but I've never used it for something like this so Idk how it would do. It's great stuff tho.

Hope this helps!

Also, you might want to try Inkssentials Glossy Accents 3D Gloss Medium. My understanding is that it dries harder than DG3, plus the DG3 is in short supply right now. It's on the same page as the link I posted.
Thanks so much guys!! I found some epoxy resin stickers on Etsy here:

I've asked a couple of the para bracelet Etsy shops (and the owner of nanas-link above) about the resin stickers, and they all tell me they get good results using them. I'm going to try the sticker kind first because I'm also wary of fumes, mess, and bubbles. Plus I have two toddlers that are in to EVERYTHING, and I see the stickers as way less harmful than resins and all of the mixing and spilling that could go along with it!

Has anyone else tried the epoxy resin stickers??? What's your take on them?
Sheila Rinehart