View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:14
Red face Re: Bottle cap alternative?

Hi everyone, I just recently started thinking I'd really like to do the same type of thing (make bottlecap-stlye thingymajigs without having the bottlecap edges). A bottlecap alternative. Maybe even make mini circle images for smaller bows & things. Thank u 4 the tip mentioned above for the Alta caps. I think I will have to try those out. But for something completely borderless, and maybe something that could b smaller than 1", here are a couple of budget ideas I was thinking of:

- circular wooden cutouts? (would this work or would wood b too pourous for the image to stay nice?)

- blank metal discs (saw these on the same site as the alta caps. Called "mix discs." Is this their intended purpose?)

- clear circular/cylindrical-ish glass tiles (epoxy image to bottom side of tile & also epoxy the back of the image/paper for preservation). I saw a tutorial on glass tile pendant making once. They did it with a square tile, but you could do the same w/ a circular tile.

(4 some reason I can't post the link to that tut. It is really cute tho. If u go to simplymodernmom(dotcom) u will find it there)

Thanks all! I'd b very open to more input or other suggestions for bottlecap alternatives.