View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00

Default Re: Can anyone help with this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i would . . . when you have the time. there's always a few tips in your tuts that make them come out perfect!

thank you
This can be done easily with 2 pieces, but if you are using thick ribbon and want less bulk in the center, you can do it this way. This will not be the size of the photo bow. I am using 1 1/2" and shorter tails because that was the size of the scrap I had on the table.

1 - 1 1/2" ribbon, 10 inches long. There is no right or wrong length, just make it how you want it. I marked with lines instead of dots because the next step is sewing the ribbon.

2 - Fold the ribbon in half, matching the tails and sew along the line. I sew down, up, and back down again so there will be no loose thread end that can come loose. You can just backstitch at the top and bottom if you like. Sorry, I didn't take a photo of it sewn.

3 - I should have taken a photo of this part as well, but didn't think to. Use your fingernails to press open the seam which will form the tails on either side. Place the center line of the bow over the flattened seam.

4 - Fold the center. I made 2 folds on this - ^^ - but you can make 3 if you want a little wider center. Then just add your center knot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowtie-1.jpg (100.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg bowtie-2.jpg (148.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bowtie-3.jpg (136.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bowtie-4.jpg (169.3 KB, 20 views)