View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:59
Default HELP! How do I attach a clay flower to an alligator clip or bobbie pin?

I've been making flowers from clay. (Not the size of bow centers, but like regular flower size) I have some daisies (ranging from 1.5 inches across to about 3.5) I would like to make some more and attach them to alligator clips, bobbie pins, etc but am having a heck of a time trying to figure out the best way to do that. I've searched the net and have only seen where you would just glue them down. I really don't want to do that because I'm afraid that they would pop off. I'd rather be sure they were going to stay on. I also read about inserting a wire before the clay cures and then wrapping that around the clip. But I really don't want to have exposed wire under an alligator clip, and I don't know how well that would work out on a bobbie pin either. I'd rather it look more finished than that. The only other thing I can think of is to back it with some kind of fabric so that it is more secure, but I don't think it would look good to have the fabric showing too much either. I love the look of these flowers and these
I really don't know how they attach the flowers to pins or clips.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links for Hipgirls RevA.